Saturday, March 10, 2012

Strawberry Cake (Dairy-Free)

I was traveling and then was very sick, but I did still manage to make this a few days ago. This strawberry cake was easy to make and delicious. My husband bought me a bunch of strawberries at our local farmer's market so they were nice and fresh and ripe and cull of flavor, yes to me this is the best way to buy strawberries and I have yet to have enough success with growing my own to have enough to make a cake out of them.

I found this recipe through Pintrest from another blog called Two Peas & Their Pod. Here is a link to Two Peas & Their Pod's blog post with the recipe for this yummy cake. For the record we had some for dessert and also for breakfast, a very tasty and versatile cake in my opinion.

To make this cake dairy-free I substituted Earth's Balance Buttery Spread for the butter. For the buttermilk I set out 1/2 a cup of soy milk with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar while I was mixing up everything else (at least 10 minutes) and then used that as my buttermilk (fresh lemon juice also works). 

No comments:

Post a Comment