Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes

For valentine's day I thought I would be nice and make some cupcakes for my husband's coworkers. Yesterday I baked 3 dozen red velvet cupcakes from scratch. Today I frosted them and added some heart shaped sprinkles to them. I used a buttercream frosting and tinted it a light pink.

I was so excited that I finally got around to trying out my new decorating tips when I frosted these yummy red velvet cupcakes. I started to get the hang of the decorating bag and tip after a few cupcakes. I discovered that a slightly stiffer consistency is desirable when you are piping the frosting onto the cupcakes with a bag and tip.

Both the cupcake and frosting recipe are from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment