Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vegan Snickerdoodles

I decided to try my hand at Snickerdoodle cookies today. I am thinking my cookies were maybe a bit drier than I would have liked. I would probably add a bit more applesauce next time and be careful when measuring the flour so I don't risk ending up with a little extra flour on accident. The cookies are still tasty though. I do have another cookbook with a different version of the Sickerdoodle cookie in it and I may even try that one next time as I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of these particular cookies.




Snickerdoodles (from The 100 Best VEGAN BAKING Recipes)

2 1/2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 3/4 cups Sugar, divided
1/2 cup Margarine, softened
1/4 cup Applesauce
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
Add applesauce and vanilla and mix until well blended.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in batches and mix until well-combined.
On a plate, combine cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of dough and roll them in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
Bake cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes, until they have cracked and spread and the edges are set.
If you are baking more than one sheet at a time, rotate their sheets halfway through the baking time.
Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment