Tuesday, April 12, 2011

School Bake Sale

Thursday my son's school is having a bake sale and I have to drop my goodies off at the office tomorrow so I decided to make some red velvet cupcakes and wrap each cupcake individually. I put each cupcake in a 9 ounce party cup and then put each cup in a cellophane bag and then tied each bag with some ribbon. Hopefully these little gems do well at the bake sale.

Of course I had more than the 20 cupcakes that I packed up individually so we have some treats for ourselves and our neighbors as well. I even tried making some mini cupcakes. I only had silicon cupcake sleeves for the minis though and the one I helped my son with kind of got stuck to the liner. I'm sure I will figure out how to make these liners work better for me in the future.

Here are the mini cupcakes that I topped with a little dollop of buttercream frosting. It got late though so I didn't indulge in one of these cute little cupcakes yet. I can hardly wait to try one of these minis. By the way this is the first time I have tried making mini cupcakes other than in the toaster oven which my son and I use as an easy bake oven when we feel like baking a little treat. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment