Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Star Wars cookies

On a recent trip to Williams Sonoma my son just had to have the Star Wars cookie cutters, so of course my husband and I obliged and bought them for him. Well, I finally got around to making him those Star Wars cookies and even frosting and decorating them, well all except the Boba Fett cookies as my 3 year old doesn't yet recognize him. He does recognize the Stormtroopers, Darth Vader and Yoda so I took my time and practiced a little patience doing my best to make these cookies for my little man.




Here are the cookies before and after being baked, for those of you who want to know how well you can distinguish the details from these cookie cutters. I will say I did really put a little effort into getting the details to come out on the cookies. I really put some amount of force into pushing the little knob at the top of the cookie cutter and even rolled it from side to side and up and down while putting pressure on the knob to ensure all the details would be visible. 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I am about to attempt these today.

    Did you use the recipe included with the cutters? Was easy to use and taste good?

    Thanks so much for posting this. My hubby threw out the box and I am not enough of a fan to get the collies right off the top of my head.

    My kids are going to go crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eryka,

    I did not use the recipe included with the cutters. I have a dairy allergy so I used a vegan sugar cookie recipe and frosting recipe (the frosting I used was just powdered sugar and soy milk, well and food colorings). You can always Google images of the characters to get the colors, I didn't go all out with as much detail as the box showed. It was a lot of work and I think next time I do them I will only do at most 3 characters because I lost so much steam after the first 3 that I didn't really paint the 4th one with any detail. My son't favorites were Darth Vader and the Stormtrooper. I used some tiny decorating paint brushes that are intended for cake decorating. Happy baking and decorating. If you need a good sugar cookie recipe I do have a regular one from my grandmother that is delicious that I can share, or if you are into the dairy-free thing I can share that one.

    ReplyDelete