Friday, December 24, 2010

Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting sprinkled with peppermint candy

I passed these out to my neighbors for the holidays this year, lucky them. These were pretty easy to make and were rather festive once they were sprinkled with some crushed peppermint candy, I used starlight mints that we crushed up a bit. The cream cheese frosting was a nice contrast to the chocolate cupcake and candy topping, it kept the cupcakes from being overly sweet which was a concern of mine. The peppermint candy provided a nice refreshing kick to the cupcakes as well as really dressing them up and making them festive.

I confess that I used a box mix for the cupcakes today, the chocolate cake mix from Trader Joe's. I had never tried this particular mix before and was wondering if it was any good as their vanilla cake mix is excellent, this one makes a pretty good cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment