Friday, December 31, 2010

On Wisconsin

My favorite cookie recipe is my grandmothers sugar cookie recipe. Mind you my grandmother lived on a farm in Wisconsin her whole life so there is no shortage of butter or other fattening things in these cookies, my guess is that's exactly what makes them so good. As our Wisconsin Badgers are getting ready for the Rose Bowl so are we, just in a very different way. We are making cookies and potato salad and macaroni salad and buying lots of brats and beer, we are tailgating Wisconsin style even if we are in California. And in honor of our beloved Badgers we made our cookies football shaped for the occasion, probably should have made them red and white but hey they are made with an age old Wisconsin recipe so I think we are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment