Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yet another new cookbook

Yesterday while browsing the shelves of our favorite local bookstore Once Upon a Time, if you are ever in the Los Angeles area I recommend a visit, I found this great cookbook of recipes for gifts. The book is Gifts Cooks Love: Recipes for Giving by Sur La Table. I was very excited by the recipes for 7-month vanilla extract and limoncello. Limoncello is something neighbors of ours have mentioned having loving and well I have a lemon tree so I am very excited by the prospect of this as a gift to our neighbors. The 7-month vanilla extract is exciting to me because I really love to bake and I think a good quality vanilla is a wonderful thing for even the occasional or novice baker. There are several other recipes in the book that I will likely try as well. What a great idea, a book centered around making consumable gifts for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment