Friday, March 11, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Mint Cupcakes

Last weekend we went to a party, they had Girl Scout Cookies... Thin Mints to be precise. I have not been able to get those cookies out of my mind, of course I couldn't eat the cookies so that doesn't help keep them out of my mind. I decided that I would treat myself to some chocolate mint cupcakes to help me get those thin mints out of my head. Thanks Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, one of my newest cookbooks. These little beauties caught my eye the first time I flipped through the cookbook and let me say they do not disappoint. They don't taste like thin mint cookies but they do have a very satisfyingly fresh mint frosting topped with chocolate ganache on the most amazing smelling chocolate cupcakes I have ever had. These were a wonderful treat and don't taste Vegan at all. I can hardly wait to hand some out to a few of my sugar fiend neighbors to see if they love them as much as me.

On a side note the one neighbor I shared a red velvet cupcake with the other week loved it so much he seriously considered coming over and nocking on my door for more cupcakes, he said he knew I had more. I love that others, non-Vegan friends, love my baked treats as much as I do. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment