Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vegan Green Velvet Cupcakes with Butter Cream Frosting

The other month I made red velvet cupcakes and my neighbor fell in love with those cupcakes. When we were out of town and he was watching the house he started to wonder if I had any cupcakes in the freezer, he was really craving those red velvet cupcakes. I decided that for St. Patrick's Day I would be really nice and make green velvet cupcakes (same recipe as I used for the red velvet) so he could get his fix.

The colors don't show up too well in the picture, but the cupcakes turned out a very dark moss green (oops, too much food coloring and I should have used the brighter green but life goes on) and the frosting is a light green (I used the same moss green food coloring so the frosting wouldn't clash with the cupcake). I haven't yet bit into one of these little gems but I am looking forward to dessert after our Shepard's Pie dinner tonight. I found a vegan slow cooker recipe book and couldn't resist trying the recipe out for St. Patrick's Day.

The cupcake and frosting recipes are both from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek.
The Shepard's Pie I am making is from The Simple Little Vegan Slow Cooker by Michelle Rivera.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment