Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

This week I was tasked with making cookies for an open house at my husband's work. Originally I thought about making chocolate chip cookies, but then I decided that chocolate chip cookies were so common place that I would rather do something a little different. I decided on peanut butter cookies, they are a fairly common cookie yet not as expected and common place as the chocolate chip cookie.

I was excited by making peanut butter cookies because I don't make them very often. In fact I think it has been a few years since I made peanut butter cookies and it gave me a reason to try out one of the vegan versions of this cookie recipe that I have. I opted to use the recipe in my tried and true cookbook, my new favorite baking cookbook, The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes. I have made a number of things out of this cookbook and have had great luck with the recipes in the book. These cookies are crispy, but have a softness to them. They are delicious and the whole family has been enjoying the ones I put aside for us to enjoy. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment